I started tracking all my improv performances on a spread sheet in August 2011 and have been updating it regularly ever since. You can check out the 2012 post here.
So now for any interested parties here are some stats on 2013 as a year in performance for meeeeeeeee:
137 shows performed at 21 different spaces.
5 consistent teams, 34 mash up teams.
- Pizza Party - 52
- Bass Mountain - 27
- The Grrr - 13
- Horatio Ratio - 4
- 11/22 - 1
- Upstairs Gallery - 44
- iO - 39
- The Playground - 15
- CIC - 9
- Studio Be - 8
- Den Theatre - 4
- The Peoples Improv Theater - 3
- Stage 773 - 2
- Shit Hole - 1
- NSAA in Graton WI - 1
- Off Center Theatre at Crown Center - 1
- SPACE - 1
- Evergreen State College - 1
- Creek and the Cave - 1
- The Lincoln Loft - 1
- The parlour - 1
- Lake Forest College - 1
- Saki - 1
- Annoyance - 1
- Quenchers - 1
- Ringwald Theatre - 1
- January 10
- February 10
- March 20
- April 10
- May 7
- June 7
- July 12
- August 13
- September 11
- October 16
- November 14
- December 7
Some additional things!
- 137 total performances for me this year, an average of 11.4 per month.
- Month with the most performances was March with 20.
- 97 performances with ongoing teams, 34 performances on mash up teams, 4 sit ins with existing teams, 1 stand up set, and 1 “hosting” show in an SNL style show.
- It’s a bit of a misnomer to say i was playing on 5 consistent teams this year. I left The Horatio Ratio in March, The Grr stopped rehearsing/performing regularly in August, and 11/22 had it’s first show in November. So really the only consistent teams i was playing on for the entirity of this year were Bass Mountain and Pizza Party.
- 11/22 had its first show on 11/20 riiiiiight at the end of the year. Expecting really cool things for this team!
The biggest difference with 2012 is how much more often i’ve been playing at iO vs the playground. Last year it was 8 shows at io and 32 at the playground, This year it was 39 shows at iO and 15 at the playground. Pretty huge swing!
Goals/Predictions for 2014 -
- I have no idea if its even possible but i’d love to get up to 150 shows a year.
- Add some sort of “quality” score indication to the spreadsheet to track how i’m feeling about shows
- Play WAY more at the Annoyance, i think with the new theater featuring a second smaller stage that there is a much greater possibility.
- Produce/peform in more shows on the west side of chicago.
- If schedule allows i would love to audition for a CIC team.
Without over-romanticizing this at all, Family Tree House Boat Accident has been one of the absolute best and most important parts of my time in Chicago.
This and Cook County were my fav shows when i was a student. I would see them so much. It was the best.